My big Healey from [68.162.145.52] at Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:20:41 -0500

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: My big Healey from [68.162.145.52] at Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:20:41 -0500
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 00:20:42 -0400
Now that "Little Bits" is done, I decided to turn my attention to
"Healey Bits'". I've been a member of AHCA for 20 years and never had a
car to drive until this past year.  Bobbie has driven the Bugeye and is
thrilled with it and I figured I'll get going on the next project, but
then I'll be too damn old by the time I finish a bare frame up rebuild.
Sure I got "Bits" or $200 and collected parts all these years including
a new frame. It took nine years to finish the Bugeye! Low and behold an
ad for 1966 BJ8 3000 not 10 miles from my house at a price I can
justify. Done deal tonight. I'm going to try to get it Thursday night
before we go on vacation. (Can't take it with us, need to haul kids and
bikes and such.) The PO has had it for 30 years, it has under 70,000
miles, sounds right, drives right, everything on it works as it should,
no apparent rust out in the floor or frame. The red paint isn't the
best, but with wet sanding and buffing it will look OK, or need
repainted if I'm wrong. The black interior has some expected wear, but
ain't bad for it's age. The car has been garage kept and I think
maintained the way it should have been. I'll put a couple pictures on a
page the first of July.

May have to conduct a vote to determine which toy I have to sell to make
room for this one.

Don't forget the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix coming up July 19th & 20th
http://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com

Dave & Bobbie
1966 AH3000 BJ8 "Needsaname"
1960 AH3000 "Healey Bits" (Soon to be for sale, pile of parts with a title)
1960 Bugeye "Little Bits" (See link below)
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm