Re: Yikes

To: d.carpenter7@verizon.net, millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: Yikes
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:10:09 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
The horsepower those guys were claiming would mean an engine with a lot of
turbo lag.  Maybe Carroll Shelby doesn't drive around town much let alone
traffic.  The most recent turbo car I drove didn't have much lag when you
floored it
BUT when you came off the throttle there was lag before it unwound.  As far
as engine noise goes I know a tuned Rover vee8 is no Cosworth DFV but if you
have heard a DFV I think you might consider it a no contest.

YMMV

And guess what, I am at Silverstone tomorrow and Saturday scrutineering so
get to hear a lot of MGB vee 8s!