Re: 2 - Re: Golden Sprite Poll

To: Guy.Weller@kencomp.net, dhedin@ieee.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 - Re: Golden Sprite Poll
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:47:35 EDT
Hi Guy,

Book some time off work in advance, bring the wife (and kids), ask the list
for suggestions about the cat, not sure about the etc.

I think you should be at the meet and an Air Miles credit card can make this
happen or an awful lot of Nectar points.  I think that it is possible to do
this for one fare in 5 years.

I took 11 days off work to do it this year and have no regrets other than
missing the Monday of the meet, not taking a spare change of clothes and a
travel
sickness pill on the way out.  If I skipped Carlisle I could have managed it
in 5/6 days depending on the flights.

If I had the cash I would plan to go out on my own for about a week with
spanner and tools in one case, spare parts to sell in another, and camera socks
and boxers as hand luggage.  Maybe my Nectar points will run to this.

Daniel