Re: Boot handle repair

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Boot handle repair
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:29:56 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Chris King wrote:
> Listers,
>
> The boot handle off my '79 seems to be stuck in the unlocked position

Chris

The boot key is different from the door key.
A couple things to try....
Remove the lock, on the back square shaft or somewhere out of plain
site, there is a number, FS ???, I have a lot of keys, I may have the
number you need.

You can have a locksmith cut you a key from the FS number.

OR (WE tight solution) Remove the tumbler, there is a small roll pin
that gets tapped out and the tumbler insert will come out of the lock.
Stick your door key in the lock and file off any high tumblers.
Now your door key will fit and work the trunk.
Of course somebody elses key might work it too but you will have to be
somewhere where there is a Midget trunk thief and he would have to know
what you did. Let's say you have a better chance at winning the lottery.

I have a lot of keys but I never seem to have the correct key for the
project at hand so I make any key fit the project.
One of my Sprites was a 1 key fits all locks. My Son's Mini was the same
way.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ