Re: Oil filter conversion

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil filter conversion
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:01:20 -0400 (EDT)
Joe,

"Can anyone tell me if the oil filter conversion kit for modern screw-on
filters is worth doing?"

In a word: No.

Remove the old O-Ring with a sharp object, put a liberal amount of white grease
on the new O-ring to hold it in place while seating it, and replace the
canister.

As for the repro items available from the catalogue houses, I have no
experience with them.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT
Home of The Innocenti Spyder Project