Re: SU question

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: SU question
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:12:32 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
No, Bob, no particular bad experience with the Weber.  It came with the car, but
after driving on the SUs on the street only, I just like their response better
at the low end.   With their variable venturi, (constant flow), it seems that
they just go better at the lower end.  Makes sense when you consider that what
was on the car was a 45 DCOE and you think about getting all that air moving
through the venturis (4) before the mixture gets right!

At any rate, they are 1 1/4 twins, stock 1275 as far as I know, and I asked the
question about the jets more on a theoretical basis than on a specific one.  ie:
for a given needle, in this case an AAC, wouldn't boring out the jet give a
richer mixture throughout the power band of the needle?

I hope to change the jets tomorrow and answer my own question!!

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini

I'm g