Re: Bugeye Recommendations Please

To: Bud & Denise <bpazur@excel.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Recommendations Please
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 17:12:40 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Unless I'm badly mistaken, the oil cooler from your local junkyard MGB
hooks up just fine.  I'm told the cooler mounts in front of the rad, and
will not cause more overheating.  I prefer the pertronix, just because
you can carry your original points around inside your spare and hook
them up if the electronics fail.  It really sounds to me as though your
timing or your points are off.  If you run very retarded timing at all,
those engines overheat badly.  Have you checked to see if the
distributor shaft is loose (wobbly)?  Are you running too lean (the
plugs are whitish)?
If you buy a used cooler, don't forget to flush it thoroughly!  Who
knows what's in there?
Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics
Tucson, AZ