Regulator for new fuel pump

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Regulator for new fuel pump
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 05:20:59 -0700
Hi listers,
Having intermittent troubles with the current electric clicking fuel pump
installed on my '62 Sprite MKII.  Pumps some then decides not to after
sitting awhile and also while driving a couple of times just decided to not
pump anymore.  Decided to replace it with the Purolator (Facet) PRO #42S
universal fuel pump from the local auto supply store.  The pump spec is
1.5 - 4 PSI.
I have a Weber downdraft carb supplying the fuel to my 1275 engine.
My question finally:  Do I need a regulator to keep fuel pressure under
control at about 2#?  What type, model, part number etc. would be helpful.
If so, the regulator should be as close as possible to the carb, right?
Thanks for the help.  I don't know GAS that well in these things.  Liquid
gas, not the other.....
David L. Vrba
Dublin, CA
'62 Sprite MKII

PS  Got a new email address for anyone keeping track.