Clutch as a switch from [141.151.191.185] at Sun, 6 Jul 2003 20:08:28 -0

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch as a switch from [141.151.191.185] at Sun, 6 Jul 2003 20:08:28 -0500
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:09:24 -0400
Hi again all,

"Little Bits" has been a lot of fun to drive, but before handing her
over to Bobbie full time, I need to investigate the clutch a little. It
acts like a switch instead of a clutch. I adapted and drove it OK for
now. What things shall I look at/for since the car was so disassembled
from the start? I used the clutch that was attached to the motor, so it
is in question also. There's only about an inch of pedal required to
disengage which makes it akward to leave the pedal almost all the way
out then OOP there it is. Both rods in the front of the master were in a
bag with the nuts removed and painted, so I guessed at the length I
needed when I reassembled. I have about 3/4" free play at the top of the
pedal. I put a new rod in along with the slave and it was the same
length as the rusty one, so that pretty much should be OK. Is there two
sizes of MC bores in the clutch side also? I have yet to double check
that my flea market find was the right size for a BE.

Thanks
Dave