Clutch Was Stuck - Thanks List!

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Was Stuck - Thanks List!
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:29:08 -0400
Yesterday, I got in the Turner to take a run around the neighborhood.  It
would have been the first time out since returning from the VSCCA Mt.
Equinox Hillclimb on 6/15.  But, the clutch would not disengage.  With no
time to check it, I just shut down & pushed it back into its garage spot.

I remembered seeing a thread recently about just this situation, except the
LBC had been sitting since last autumn.  I searched the recent Digests & the
Archives with no success.  I did however remember the gist of the "fix."

Tonight, I checked the hydraulic fluid - ok; slave cylinder movement - also
ok.  SO, I applied the "start it in gear with clutch depressed" method a few
times & after about 20 tries, it came loose.

So, THANK YOU! - TO WHOEVER POSTED THAT SOLUTION.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner
'66 MGB