the windshield frame or to anodise

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "Bill Bryant" <bryant@sonic.net>
Subject: the windshield frame or to anodise
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:05:06 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
i highly reccomend having it reanodised!   platers are listed in hemmings.
it's a winter months project!  down time combined with cost definitly makes
it a winter project!  but!  the constant upkeep of bare polished aluminum is
a bit annoying.   any rubber gaskets near or around the aluminum become
subject to getting polish on them promoting their drying out and ending up
with polish on them.  the polish attimes is very hard to get out of the
rubber!   anodising is a once and done process.   polished aluminum is a
pain to get nice and once done somewhat high maint. to keep nice.  if you
combine the time you spend cleaning and polishing the stuff over time you
exceed in time whatthe anodising would cost.    although the powder coating
sounds like an interesting alternative.   now!  polished aluminum looks
great!  it's just a pain to keep nice after time, weather, skin oils(where
ever it gets a hand print) take their toll.

chuck.