Battery problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Battery problem
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:21:13 EDT
My battery keeps running down.  The battery is just over 2 years old, so
maybe it is the battery itself, but where would I hook the multimeter to
determine
whether there was a short somewhere?  I was thinking that If I disconnect the
battery cables and hook the multimeter, set on the resistance setting to the
positive battery cable and the negative side of the fuses (with fuses removed)
and I get a reading of "1" or full resistance, then there would be no short
anywhere.  But if it was less than "1" then that would indicate a short and
then I would have to begin looking for it.  Does this make sense?  Or is there
elsewhere the contacts should be clipped to give me that information?

--David C.