RE: Check Out This bad Boy

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Check Out This bad Boy
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:03:46 -0500
>  Exterior mods include a roof-mount aerial,
later-model taillights, and small black flares.

It's funny how often that "later taillight" thing happens to early Minis...

(by the grille and rear plate mount, this one appears to legitimately be an
early car with later lights. Most with square lights are later cars, titled
as early cars)

This car looks great. You want to look carefully at deseamed Minis. It
should be done correctly or the structure of the car suffers. I understand
it can be hard to get a deseamed car to pass MOT, or maybe it was getting
insurance. I know a fellow on the Mini list had to have pictures of the car
taken during the process to document that it was done soundly.

Having said that - I like it - looks like a chopped 50's street rod from
some angles.

Phil Vanner

'61 Midget
'74 Mini (later taillights ;-)