Bozeau has struck again!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bozeau has struck again!
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:53:37 -0700
Hi listers.  Another bozeau (bozo) question for you . . . .

Finishing the re-assembly of my '71 Midget (and haven't you all heard that
before!).  It was up and running (poorly) last summer, so I re-rebuilt the
engine, including a bunch of other stuff (including removing and re-installing
the steering column).  Today, when hooking up the battery and checking the
electrics, I found the following symptom:  ignition switch does not activate
the starter - but the lighting switch does - at least in the first position
(didn't check the second).  Believe it or not, this happened to me last year -
but never had a positive ID on what I did to fix it (basically, I disconnected
everything behind the dash and re-did it all).

Is there an easy answer?  I would greatly appreciate your assistance!!

What I've done:  I've checked the ignition switch wiring, and it appears to be
correct. It's been long enough since the car was running that I don't recall
everything I've touched under the dash . . . Reliable indicators point to the
fact that I've changed something, though!

Thanks in advance!