Re: New pin, old wishbone

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "Kendel McCarley" <kmmccarley@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: New pin, old wishbone
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:47:58 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
If we can even call it a "bush"!  I have a brandy newby wishbone, and a brandy
newby fulcrum pin.  They fit like shite, but with a bit o' lube and using the
pin like a tap, back and forth, forth and back, it now fits nicely.

Lordy, lordy what a crummy system.  Hasn't anyone come up with a way of using
real bushings with zerks on them?  This whole idea of using threads rotating on
threads is .....wellll.....less than desirable.....

PS:  at least it's the pin that is hard and the"bush" that is soft.  Let's leave
it at that.......

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini