'77 Midget FS in PA near Philly

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, Philly_MG_Club@yahoogroups.com, PhAX@yahoogroups.com
Subject: '77 Midget FS in PA near Philly
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:31:58 EDT
Well, I have been trying to avoid this as long as possible, but the truth is
that business isn't as good as it was last year and my commissions are
suffering.  I need to raise some money right now, so my 1977 MG Midget is going
have to go.

If you have been following these lists, you might remember that I bought the
car a few years ago from an MG list member.  It needed work and I have done it
all myself, with the help of my friends.  The car looks pretty darn good and
runs fine.  It has an entire new brake system, pipes and all.  I had the
starter rebuilt by an expert shop, and I replaced the cables and relay.  We
rebuilt
the front suspension last summer with new king pins, bushes and new rubber
bits, and rebuilt front shox from Peter C.

The car was desmogged by the PO and it has a Weber DGV.  There was a brand
new Amco hood in the boot when I bought it and I have installed it with a new
header seal, and all stainless steel hardware was used.  Let's see...new Cooper
tires on blasted and painted Rostyle wheels.  My car even won a popular vote
at the Jersey Moss show a few years ago.

I have it in the local paper for $5000, but the first offer of $4000 takes
it.  The car has about 69K miles on it.  No radio, and I left the speakers
installed, but they can be easily removed or reconnected.  It also has a boot
cover
for the hood and a tonneau cover, both in very good condition.  I have
replaced the carpet with cheap Pep Boys stuff, but it looks good.  The car was
originally green, but the PO sprayed it resale red after doing the body work.
Some
Bondo, but the job is pretty good.  It has a tan interior.

The car is at my house in Hatboro, PA, near the Willow Grove PA Turnpike
exit.  Pics available by e-mail.

I know things will get better for me, and I would really like to have a '67
LBC because, as you all know, 1967 is my favorite year for cars.  I was
originally looking for a '67 when this '77 came up.  It was too good a deal to
pass
up, and it is now a reliable, fun drive.

If I don't hear any interest in a week, it goes to eBay.  Let me know if you
have any questions.

Thanks,

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward