Re: weird electrical

To: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>
Subject: Re: weird electrical
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:28:37 -0700
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Joe,

It could also be a worn brush. once they get worn down enough where
the spring pressure is minimal, you will have the same symptom.

Or the other possibility is a bad connection at the terminal on the
starter. I'm referring to the internal connection. The hold down nut
is frequently wrenched on without holding the base nut. This can
cause the post to rotate, fracturing or breaking the connection at
the windings. If rotating commutator doesn't help, this is where I
would check next.

Gerard