Re: rear oil seal

To: BCAH@aol.com
Subject: Re: rear oil seal
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:21:37 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In my opinion, and from what I have heard from others, they don't
necessarily work/help. If you have too much internal pressure, either
from blow-by or poor venting, you will still have the leakage
problem. If you assemble the rear half moon seal properly and and you
vent sufficiently, you should not have a problem. I think half the
time, the leak is actually from the pan seals or the rear plate/oil
cover not being assembled right either. Also, the cast plates are
known to crack right through where the pump cover is, which will also
cause major leakage. I have built several engines that do not leak
oil. Since it's not an inexpensive retrofit from what I've heard, so
you may want to consider it carefully and make sure the other stuff
in done right first.

That said, I have NO personal experience with it, so lets hear from
someone who has.

Gerard