Re: Sending unit resistance

To: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>
Subject: Re: Sending unit resistance
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:45:12 -0700
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike,

I could not find any data in the Bentley manual beyond, "installation
is the reverse... blah, blah, blah..."  either.

I just happen to have a brand new, never installed replacement unit
that I dug out and checked for you. It reads from about 14 ohms to
somewhere between 240 and 250 ohms. Seems you are in range. This is
the type with the six screw holes as opposed to the locking ring
which is what you would have on a later car, but I think this is
still for the later type gas gauge though.

Gerard