Engine stand mounting

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine stand mounting
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:09:49 -0400
I have a pretty average sort of engine stand right now - designed for
your typical American engines. But I've seen here and there pics of side
attached mounts used on the A-series engines. I think someone even
posted links on the list a while back to pics of one, but I can't find
it in the archives. (Actually, I can't ever find anything in the
archives - the search only seems to work for the current month, and
trying to select other months explicitly never finds *anything*) Anyway,
does anyone have any pics / plans / whatever on making such an adapter?
At least what are you using as the mount points - only things that look
reasonable are the generator bracket and oil filter adapter mounting
points. Seems like you would need another point or two space out a bit
farther to be strong enough, but maybe not.

Thanks again!

Eddie
'71 Midget - Bebop