Re: Tires, Not Stock.

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Tires, Not Stock.
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 07:37:51 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank Clarici wrote:

> Ok, I see this subject all the time, I never read it.
> I am looking for some new tires for my new Sprite.
> I do NOT want 155/80s.
> I am currently running 165/70s, I would like 185/60s but they are no
> longer available. So checking out Tire Rack, which doesn't list AH
> Sprite, I am totally confused by sizes these days.
> I want a wide tire but not something that looks like electric tape
> wrapped around a rim.
>
> I had 205/45s on my green bugeye, they were a bit too wide.
> Any body care to tell me what size looks and works best on a non stock
> Bugeye? Brands?

One thing to consider is compound.  I had my MG out in the rain and the
tires that are on the Midget are like greased ice in the rain.  It was
way, way, way too easy to slide up to all of the light and stop.  Not
sure of the brand I will check later.  For now I will call the brand
"Skidmore", cause that is what they do best.

These tires have plenty of tread, and I expect they will last about a
million miles since they are so hard.

One other question, who makes a good tire that sticks in the rain for
these cars?  On my toyota I ran both Perrilli (sp) SV 6000 and Yokohama
Agis and they both work very well in the rain.

Bill