Re: Seat foams for my '73 midget

To: "Bill Bryant" <bryant@sonic.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat foams for my '73 midget
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 11:26:47 -0500
> I got a real nice set of seat covers from england but my upholstery guy
says
> my foam is rotten and I should get new ones.
> Nad I do NOT want to try making up the foam blocks myself....been
there....

Bill,
To add insult to injury, you would not believe the number of people who
rebuild their seats with new foams and webbing just to discover that they
don't like sitting that high in their Spridget. You would probably be better
off letting your upholstery guy cut some out of generic foam and emphasize
that you really do not want them to be much higher than the rotten ones you
are removing. I have heard of people, probably on this very list, who have
removed plugs of foam from the seat cushions to make them more conformable
to their tukasses.
David Lieb