Re: Missing something

To: goutvols2@mchsi.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Missing something
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 17:41:25 EDT
goutvols2@mchsi.com writes:

> I can not get it started.  I have to be
> overlooking something.  It will turnover just fine.  It just keeps cranking
> and cranking.  I have changed the plugs twice.  Checked the coil wires,
> checked the rotor arm.  Any ideas of what I am missing?  It did run prior to
> this.  Thanks for your ideas..

Carter:

Check for a spark at the spark plug to be sure juice is getting through.  If
not that is your problem.  If it is, then it is either fuel or timing--be sure
the timing is set right.  Also check your choke to see whether it might not
be opening up, since you removed the carb(s).  (You didn't indicate what kind
of carb you have).  Check to be sure you reattached the accelerator cable, if
you had it disconnected.  On my car, the ground strap is connected to the lower
block--is yours attached to the head, and did you replace it?

--David C.