Re: Roundabout Re: Trafic Circles

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com
Subject: Re: Roundabout Re: Trafic Circles
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:55:27 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
We Massholes have tons of them, called "rotarys".  When I got my driver's
license in 1967, the car entering the rotary had the right of way.  Several
years
later, they changed the law so that the car in the rotary has the right of
way.  Course in Mass., everyone thinks they have the right of way, so we do our
best trying to cut each other off.  Another neat law change was the old rule
that if you came to a stop at a stop sign behind two other cars stopped at the
sign, you could proceed through the stop sign without stopping again when you
reached the sign.  Then they changed it to every car has to stop at the sign.
That little change has made for a lot of rear-enders for the oldsters who
haven't got the word yet.

Rick