electronic ignition 79 1500

To: "midget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: electronic ignition 79 1500
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:26:50 -0500
 After half a day of tests I have come to the conclusion that the black box
on the Crain ignition.  I have replaced the solenoid (cracked) and the coil
(cracked) and run all the wiring checked the ground three times and still no
spark.  Ran all the tests from the installation instructions downloaded from
Crain cams. With this in mind my question is what are you opinions about the
Crane vs Igniter.  I have the latter in Chevelle and love it but this is new
territory for me.  Oh as an update, several of you gave me very good advice
on my transmission problem.  As it turned out I had a thrust bearing out of
place which was causing the problem.