Price of scotch

To: "spridgets-digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Price of scotch
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:52:56 -0400
Dave penned
Also, it is much, much
> less expensive to purchase Scotch Whiskey locally at the Liquor store than
it
> is to purchase it in Scotland, or even at the duty-free store.  I am
talking
> not just a little less, but massively less.  Such is the legacy of
"Dubya's"
> economy.

Nope nothing to do with the US Economy, though no fan of GWB ,prohibitive
taxes across the pond  have something to do with it.  I believe that
alchohol being considered a luxury item is subject to excise taxes and VAT
that can run upwards of 20%. SO when you are bitching about taxes over here
in the US give some thought to our friends overseas. My own homeland
(Ireland) once its done with its gouging results in the price for a Honda
S2000 ( a car I am much enamoured with ) of 59600 Euros which works out to
about $66000,
MSRP here is 33,000 and add your local sales tax , which here in OH is 6.75
%

And last time I checked with a mate over there ,the price of a bottle of
Bushmills in a state liquor store in OHio was cheaper then in Dublin .

Cheers