trunk lock repair

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: trunk lock repair
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:32:27 -0700 (PDT)
The trunk lock on my '69 Sprite works as a catch, but
I have no key to it. I read somewhere that it can be
dissambled and the tumbler numbers can be used to
manufacture a key.

I took it apart down to removing the curlique spring
but can not seem to figure out how to get the tumbler
out. Neither Haynes or Leyland manual offer a clue.

1. is it worth messing with, or should i just spring
the $25 for a new handle and keys?

2. Know anybody who can make keys from the numbers
anyway?

3. What is the trick for removing the handle from the
square shaft to remove the tumbler?

4. What is the meaning of life?...oh wait, that's the
other list.

cheers, cheap bill b.