Out for a Drive!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Out for a Drive!
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 1:28:54 -0400
Dale P. from the list came over Saturday and helped me pull the engine and
tranny from the Ratsun. We then put the hulk on the trailer so I could take it
to the junkyard. That's what I did today... It's gone! My wife is happy again
because the junker no longer resides in our (my) driveway.

Just in time too. We celebrated our 24th anniversary with a nice dinner and
then a 2 hour drive in the Midget. Since the junker was gone, I was able to get
the 78 out of the garage. It ran fine and didn't miss a beat. The exhaust that
"Boneyard" (my 76 parts car) donated to it sounds great. It is right on the
raspy note at 2500 - 3000 RPMs, where I tend to drive it most. Sure runs like
it really didn't need that cat converter anyway.

Like any LBC, I still need to tinker some more with it. Put the new top on, fix
the brake warning light on the dash, etc. Hey, that's why you make up a punch
list isn't it?

Just having fun while on vacation,
Kent
1960 Bugeye