Crash rail/Metal dash

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crash rail/Metal dash
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:00:41 -0700
Well , I made the plunge in my plastic to Metal dash conversion project and
removed the padded dash from my '73 RWA Midget and 'offered up' the new
crash rail (thanks, Brad!) and it looks great when I hold up the metal dash
underneath it, but I 'll be d@mned if I can figger out where I am supposed
to bolt it to . there seems to be no bracket anywhere nearwhere the dash
oughta hang. I am looking at fabricating some sort of l bracket coming down
off the  studs of the crash rail but how was it done stock...am I missing
some essential bracket? the holes in the metal dash are pointing upward and
the crash rail bolts go forwards...

who has been here and done this already?

thanks
Bill