Re: [Fwd: Re: steering lock broken?]

To: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: steering lock broken?]
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:35:17 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
John,

A small hole and an easy-out works too. Thuis design encompassed two
elements; the mechanical tumbler assembly AND a separate electrical
switch. I would check remove the steering wheel and cowling and make
sure that the switch itself is not the real problem. Sometimes the
contacts melt the plastic and it doesn't operate freely. The electric
portion is held in with a small set screw accessible from below and I
believe only the left side cowling needs to be removed. If you have
to remove the lock, you'll really need to remove the whole column to
do it. Sometimes the mechanism that locks the column gets flaky and
wiggling the wheel, as Guy suggests, is the solution.

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb