key won't turn, Midget stuck parked on street

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: key won't turn, Midget stuck parked on street
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:01:40 -0400
I go out to put my 78 Midget away for the night, and - the key won't turn!
What the heck!!

I find that the cylinder is a bit sticky, in that sometimes it stays in the
"in" position even with the key out.
I gave it a shot of silicone spray, no help.
Basically I can't get the key to turn at all.  This is out of the blue.  I
checked; the key is not being stopped from turning by the steering wheel being
turned in one direction or another.

My Midget has no "key unlock" button for removing it, for what it's worth.

Here is a picture of the key in the cylinder (taken by flashlight this evening).
http://www.1978mgmidget.com/key_wont_turn.jpg

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Steve