SF Bay Area car meet and picnic

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, morris@autox.team.net, morrisminors@smartgroups.com, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: SF Bay Area car meet and picnic
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 16:47:57 -0700
Cc: <agriffith@litrex.com>, fuzzy@castles.com, Dena & David Vrba <denadave@comcast.net>, Steve McGee <minor_1000@hotmail.com>, Jeff Smith:;, mharings1@mchsi.com
Jimmy's 15th Annual Old Car Picnic

Sunday, October 12, 2003

Sunrise to sunset at Speedway Meadow, Golden Gate Park, between 25th
and 30th Avenues & John F. Kenedy Drive, San Francisco.

Parking is available on Speedway Meadow lawn for a $15 donation (no
need to pre-register). This donation includes a dash plaque and a
raffle ticket. Food vendors on site or bring your own lunch or BBQ.

My comments: This is a rather large event with about 500 cars ranging
from 20's to 70's vintage cars, everything from some really sweet Hot
Rods to original daily drivers and concourse quality cars. There
usually are only a handful of foreign cars that show (unless the
Datsun Roadster club shows up). but it would be nice if there was a
good showing of British cars this year. There are usually a couple
Morris Minors and a smattering of a few others like Jensen, MG,
Sunbeam etc
. If anyone wants to make this a get together, we can try to organize
a BBQ. There are plenty of picnic tables and grills on site. Anyone
with questions or an interest in planning something can let me know.
There is also plenty of parking along Kennedy Drive if you just want
to picnic and not pay the donation to park on the grass.

If you are a died in the wool car lover, you won't want to miss this event.

Gerard
--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb