Paint, finishing of m/c's

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint, finishing of m/c's
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:10:23 -0700 (PDT)
The restoration of my 60 Bug is going well. Its only been about 2 years in the
making so far (and probably 2 more to go!), but I can now actually see
progress. The damaged right frame rail, right inner fender well, both floor
pans, forward tranny tunnel, right firewall,right toe board, battery box, right
and left "A" posts and right sill are are all now installed. The right rear
quarter panel is been cutoff and the rust/ damage has been repaired. I'll keep
the panel off as an alternate means of ventilation while I work the inside the
boot. This looks to be the bulk of my major reconstruction work. Some minor
body dings need addressing and then the bonnet can be worked. A new 5 speed
kit, recored radiator, ceramic coated lbc header and miscellaneous powder
coated parts are now sitting comfortably in the shed. The motor has been
machined and needs assembly (1275 bored .060 over with a Kent 266 cam and
single HIF6 carb) . The drive-line is scheduled for new U-joints on Monday.
Frankly,
 I'm tired of body work for now and will be turning my attention to brakes,
rear end, master cylinders and electrical motor refurbishment.  This brings me
to my question for listers.
I have torn down the master cylinders for a trip to Sierra Specialties. I will
be sand blasting both cylinders (I'll be using a late model dual m/c for the
brakes).
      Once that has been accomplished what type and color of
paint/plating should be applied to the m/c's??

 Larry Pitts
60 Bug