Re: smoothcase gearbox rattle ?

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, "Matt Endicott" <endicar@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: smoothcase gearbox rattle ?
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:31:47 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Matt,

Sounds like it's an engine speed related noise so it would be something in
front of the trannie, clutch related likely. First do this with the engine
off.   Try to move the clutch throw out arm sideways with your hand to see
if there is any play in it.  If there is, start up the engine and attempt to
move it sideways and see if the noise shows up or changes sound.  My money
is on theTO arm mechanism or the TO bearing on the end giving the rattle.

Later, Paul A