Re: Best way to clean gas tank?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best way to clean gas tank?
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:45:20 -0500
  I can vouch for that.  Did the Bugeye's tank and it came out gorgeous.
 Another little tip from
Guru Frank.  Of course you want to make sure to rinse and slosh well
before you lite the fire even tho the water should dilute everything.

Break out the Barbie!!  ( not the doll you sicko's, I mean Thicko's)

Dave
59 :{)

Glen Byrns wrote:

Eugene,
Bar-b-que the sucker!  No joke, it worked wonders on the tank I put in my
wife's Traveller.  I stoked up the barby with a large load of Kingsford and
plugged up the outlet hole on the side of the tank.  Set it on the grill and
filled it to the top with water through the fill pipe.  After about an hour
it was near boiling and I left it there until it cooled.  Swirl and dump and
then take a look inside and see how much difference it made.  The only
drawback is the neighbors who look over the fence figure you're totally
nuts.  In my case that wasn't much of a revalation.

Glen