Re: Best way to clean gas tank? Now a sloshed tank. Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:5

To: Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net (PAsgeirsson)
Subject: Re: Best way to clean gas tank? Now a sloshed tank. Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:59:13 -0700
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 19:46:10 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: dwoerpel@wi.net (David Woerpel), spridgets@autox.team.net
Paul....

The "sloshing" compound used in aircraft
fuel tanks may or may not be the same...
frankly, I dunno. My guess is, it's different.

Paul, are you absolutely sure there is no
filter at the end of that pick-up tube?
'Cause the "coating" would impregnate
it and it would LOOK "solid" and
APPEAR to be part of the pickup tube.

I have not seen a Spridget gas tank where
the pickup tube did not end  between about .5-.75" above or "off" the
floor of
the tank. I made this mistake and my filter
looked as if it was a part of the pickup tube, also. Of course, it
wasn't but it sure
gave this appearance.

We ended up "extracting" the "solid" filter with a set of very long
needle-nose type
pliers through the sender hole. My
mechanic's young son (very slim hands,
etc.) was able to "get in there", finally.
It took hours of "screwing around"
to get the job done.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)