Re: Best way to clean gas tank? Now a sloshed tank.

To: Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net, dwoerpel@wi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best way to clean gas tank? Now a sloshed tank.
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:08:06 EDT
Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net writes:

> so unless you have some favorite BBQ sauce to boil
> in it, what would my options be?  Anyone have experience with this?

No magic here, and I have not been there and done that, but what about a lye
solution?  I don't know what the substance is that is gluing the tube down,
but maybe lye would cut it.  Gotta be careful with that caustic
stuff--specially
around your eyes and skin.  Eatcha up.  I have used it for furniture paint
removal.

--DAvid C.