RE: Avon FF tyres

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Avon FF tyres
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:28:03 -0700
Folks,

Just stopped by a local race shop yesterday... Folks have been changing
their FF tires - the Avon FF are not spec tires any more - good tires with
plenty of thread left were been thrown away.... so I grabbed a few and
tossed them in the back of my SUV, just in case they might fit my racing
bugeye. I was in a hurry to get back to work, and while I just wanted front
FF tires, I grabbed a few rear ones too. Oh well!  Sizes are 5.5/23.0-13
(rear) and 5.0/22.0-13 (front).

Would the front FF tires (smaller size) fit the Sprite? Would be nice to
know before I get someone to fit them on spare rims (I have eight!) and find
out they are too wide- not meaning for the rims, but the bodywork. They are
not legal for the road, but on the track, that could be a fun tire for
"testing", right? Wonder what the equivalent "street tire" sizing would be
to the 5.0/22.0-13? I have not been able to find that size on the Tirerack
sizing page (Website).

If they won't fit the Bugeye, I'll just see if anyone on the list would have
a use for them - obviously I would give them away. I might even be able to
get more if there is interest!

Jacques LC
1959 AH "Bugeye" Sprite - retired SCCA and VARA racing car. Cool, very cool.
1970 Seven S4 Twin Cam - like a trophy wife- demands lots of money and
attention
1998 Ford Expedition - Like the energizer- keeps going, and going, and
going...
2000 Chevy Astro Van - Do I really want to drive that thing?
2001 Porsche Boxster S - Like the Lotus, only worse- it's not a trophy wife,
it's a "supermodel"!

---