RE: Flowmaster

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Flowmaster
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:09:50 -0700
Cap'n. Bob,

You left the subject line as "Fuel pumps", but you mean to talk mufflers,
right?...

You asked if there were any problems fitting the Flowmaster... The PO did
that, so I could not tell how easy it was- or not. The BE is fitted with a
custom system from the headers to the tail pipe, with a straight pipe ending
in a megaphone to replace the Flowmaster when the track has no noise limits.
I think the PO only used the muffler at home, so he could run the engine and
not have the neighbors call the police for excessive noise!

I never measured the muffler itself, and I cannot remember the exhaust pipe
size on my BE, but I think it's 2 1/2".

I only used the Flowmaster the first time I was on the track (for a test day
at Buttonwillow)- then changed it back to the straight pipe/megaphone the
next day as nobody was checking how loud cars were! I never had a problem
with noise at the track, but that might come to an end if that car sees a
track again - noise restrictions are becoming a lot more common and my BE is
incredibly noisy!

The car ran much better than I thought it would on the track with the
muffler on, I do remember that... Now you made me want to go and fish that
muffler out of the shed... Darn!

Jacques LC in San Diego

---