Re: Need Tran/Clutch advice

To: Gary & Kathryn Bales <kgb@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: Need Tran/Clutch advice
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:12:21 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Gary & Kathryn Bales wrote:
> When we went to load the Midget on the trailer, the clutch pedal would not
> depress at all.  After we got it moved, I managed to free up the pedal, and
> the shift lever will go into all gears, but the car still will not move.  What
> is likely wrong, and is it something a klutzy grandma can fix herself?

Kate

Most likely the clutch disc froze (rusted) to the flywheel.
First point the Midget in a safe direction and try starting it in gear.
If that doesn't free it, start it in gear (remeber, no clutch so it will
buck and jump til if starts) and once it's moving, buck the car.
It should free up.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ