sticky pedal....help?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net from [141.151.182.40] at Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:42:42 -0500
Subject: sticky pedal....help?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:42:40 -0400
  Started up the sprite to let it run for a bit yesterday and it was
acting weird. It was revving up quickly like someone was pressing the
gas pedal down. Turned it off and checked the choke cable thinking the
choke was stuck. It was fine. Then I tried the gas cable, it looked ok.
Then I turned on the car and pressed the gas pedal down. It didn't
return all the way back to the up position. It had about an inch left
to go. Pulled it up with my toe and then car went back down to idling
normally.

  So how do I fix this problem? Do I adjust the gas pedal or it's cable
and if so where?

  Also on a separate note the car seemed to be overheating. Not sure on
this because my temp gauge is broken. However, after doing the things
in the above paragraph, I noticed steam coming from the radiator cap
hole thing. I'm assuming there should be a hose there, but there's not.
It's a tube hole on the cap and then I see hose holders on the side of
the radiator.

  Where does the other end of this missing hose go?
  Is that why it was steaming?
  Or do I have a bigger problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Amy