Re: Nationwide Ins. Sep 2003 08:23:58 -0700

To: type79@ix.netcom.com (Jay Fishbein)
Subject: Re: Nationwide Ins. Sep 2003 08:23:58 -0700
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:03:30 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridgets)
Sure...things change.

There was a time when Allstate was
terrible in CT. and I think they were so
bad they'd been threatened with expulsion
from the state. And maybe they were expelled for a time, Jay? At least
as
far as automobiles were concerned.

They were the butt of many jokes back when I grew up, especially with
their
crushing "you're in good hands" commercial. :)

Years later, they were "back in" providing
quality service as I understand it.

A couple of years ago I owned a stock
'67 Spridget that I had restoration plans for. The car at the time was
really not
worth the carrying of collision.

It got bumped off I-95, the fault being
with the other driver in a black and white
way, the other guy having been given a
summons for improper lane change, etc.

The insured's agent initially gave me
a hard time. Despite my not being covered for this "event" the local
GEICO people proved most helpful in providing me with guidance as to how
I might
"return the favor" and the "obstacle" to
quickly resolving the matter "disappeared"
overnight thanx to a quick call to the right
number (and person!) in the NYS insurance commissioner's office.

So, not only reasonably low prices, but
excellent service (IMHO) even though
not covered for the event.

A couple of years later, a claim