Re: QT movie - PIR - longer version available

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: QT movie - PIR - longer version available
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:31:22 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Thanks Steve,

Here's the scope on the clip. It was filmed at Portland International Raceway in
Portland Oregon on August 16th, 2003. The clip is from a 9AM qualifying session
for the vintage grid of Oregon Region's SCCA. The clip covers the last two laps
of the 20 minute session. The flags you see waving at start finish at the end
are
the checkers.

My car is a 1967 AH Sprite (#82) and the car in front of me is a red 65 MG
Midget
(#62) driven by Bud Smola. Bud's car has a slightly hotter 1275 than mine. My
engine
is bored .010 over with 6cc dished pistons, a scatter pattern cam and a Webber
45DCOE.
Bud has his bored to 1380 with higher compression and runs oversize SUs. Both
cars
are lowered, run heavy sway bars, Hoosier vintage TD tires, disc brakes in front
and drums in the rear.

The car that passes us on the front straight is a Sunbeam Tiger. It runs in our
group but is in a different class.

I did manage to out-qualify Bud turning a 1:39.6 lap to his 1:39.65

In the race after Bud followed me through the chicane and turns 10&11 a few
times he proved himself to be a fast learner. He improved his ability to carry
speed
through those turns and his additional horsepower carried the day. He beat me by
about ten car lengths by race end.

Enjoy the clip.

Dave