It RUNS! Another Spridget on the road! Long? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: It RUNS! Another Spridget on the road! Long? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:47:16 -0700
Well it's about time. My 71 MG is back and refurbed.
While it was apart for a new clutch disc, why not put
a Datsun 5 speed in it? 266 cam, lite lifters, right springs,
new shells on the still-standard crank, Cooper S 163 head
with rimflows and ported, 45DCOE, and LCB, with a
Kenlowe to cut cooling losses. Cooper S dizzy.

I want a merit badge for making the Rivergate kit work.
It is not easy for one who must follow directions literally.
Much more difficult than it needs to be, for me, anyway.
I know many listers love the Perrys, well so what.

I may have advanced the cam a bit - for a 266 it is a bit
lumpy down low. The 45 has always had a flat spot when
you ease into the throttle - it sez who me? Cough cough.
Go past that and it takes the go order, but it is hard to
be more moderate. Any ideas please?

Exhaust has been a subject lately. I used the rear can of
my RC40 setup that was meant for a 1275 Mini. Right
now it seems loud, but when I get the bonnet on and
some soundproof over it that'll surely help.

I must laugh as bits of newspaper come flying outa the
shift portal from the drive shaft installation - it went in
a treat! I missed Palo Alto, but now I can get it good and
ready for next year. In the meantime, it's mating season!

David McCartney, now the world's largest Spridgeteer?
 In the hills of Northern California

71 Midget
72 Mini PU - next!
69 AA needsa home