Re: carb adjustment

To: spridgetlist <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carb adjustment
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:53:25 -0700 (PDT)
In terms of doing the least damage, you should err on the rich side in order
not to cause preignition (burned valves, etc).

But I agree with the others that the elevation change SHOULD be a negligible
effect on the carbs, yet you can feel the difference. Think about what other
variables could be in play, like engine temp, underhood temp, hills, who knows.

To be scientific you would tune it (or set the needle) in both places and see
if the effect were reversed.

- GT

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:56:57 -0700 (PDT)
From Patricia Sauthoff <trishasauthoff at yahoo.com>
Subject: carb adjustment

I'm back, after yet another move across the country.  It's been nice to
"see" all of you again.  Here's a quick question for ya.

I'm living in the mountains (Santa Fe) at about 7000 ft, my commute to
school is short, but it's about another 400 feet in elevation.  Where
should I be adjusting my carbs to in order to do the least amount of
damage.  My house at the lower elevation, or the higher one?  It might
seem like a silly question, but I can feel a difference, and it seems like
the car is running great in town, and rich at school.

TIA
Trisha
'59 Bugeye

- GT / 73 Midget / Portland, OR