Spridget wheel data?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridget wheel data?
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:38:19 EDT
I have been trying to research what wheels will work on a Bugeye Sprite.
There seems to be more to it that just finding wheels with a 4 x 4" bolt
pattern.
Offset, or backspace seem to be crucial.
So what is the width, offset and backspace for the stock Bugeye steel wheels?
I read somewhere that you need to enlarge the center hole on Vega wheels, and
the change the lugs?
What is the widest wheel/backpace/tire combo that works?
Has anyone out there gone to plus sizing (larger diameter wheel, lower
profile tire)?
David Oliner