Re: More on Cooper S Distributor EDT

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: More on Cooper S Distributor EDT
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: FUZZY95687@yahoo.com, macleans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel states, in part, "My engine would
run...."

Oh, sure...

It is amazing how tolerant engines can
be in terms of timing "rates" of advance
and even "total" if not pushed or continually run at full advance at
near
full loads, though of course this
doesn't mean we're getting the best
the specific engine has to offer, as you
know.

We both know that if you get too
far out either way, it's gonna get pretty
hot under there and this will show up
on the water temp gauge for sure, as
well as out the exhaust in terms of black
smoke if retarded, and "pinging" from
under the hood when it's the "other way"
along with backfiring as well on deceleration, too far out one way or
the
other, all else being equal.

All in all....
I think your idea of giving Aldon one's engine spec. & paying them to
"build
you a curve", or pull one off the shelf
with the "correct" curve based
on their experience and the octanes you
are running is the most efficient way to
go for dollars spent, in the long run.

Better "bang for your bucks" I think.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)