tach

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <ahfrogeyebugeyeconnection@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: tach
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:16:37 -0400
What can cause tach readings to be too high on the generator driven bugeye
tach?  I have a replacement geardrive for the back of the generator and new
cables, but I have not installed them yet.  Also, what type alternator should
I switch to if I keep having battery drain, and how would I run the tach then?
My father in law says don't screw with replacing/repairing the generator,
magneto, voltage reg, etc; just intall an alternator with internal VR.  Do I
need to switch to negative ground?

thanks

Billy T Green