endfloat

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: endfloat
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:55:03 -0700
So I am setting up my crank after getting everything back from the machine
shop. I plastiguaged the mains and was happy with 1.5. Only thing is the
endfloat is a tad snug ... I can only get a .0025 feeler guage in(book says
004 - .006), when sliding it in at about the level of the block, but i am
not at all sure that I am measuring correctly. I have a big screwdriver and
am leaning with light to medium pressure against the crank and measuring the
gap on the opposite side at the thrust washer. Maybe I should be really
leaning on my lever but I don't think so...?
Can somebody educate me, Please..

thanks
Bill