OSHIT It Runs!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <tuaconaill@addr.com>
Subject: OSHIT It Runs!
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:54:08 -0700
Listers,

Another successful OSHIT! Pics here:
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/september03.html

Despite afternoon downpours that turned my back yard into a mudpit, we
had a very successful OSHIT. Frank arrived in the morning, and we set
about to get the doors and windshield assembled, install the gearbox,
bleed the brakes and clutch, and haul the engine out of my basement. The
weather was dry at this point.

In the afternoon Bill Gilroy and my friend Tim O'Connell showed up, and
we got the top installed. Then it poured for about fifteen minutes.
During this time, we ducked fro cover under my very short car tent. When
the rain cleared, we muscled in the engine and got it hooked up to the
gearbox hooked up, whereby it rained again. One of the funniest photos
not taken was me staying dry under tthe midget while everyone else
ducked into the car-tent.

As the sun was going down and the skies were threatening to open up
again, we finally got the engine to run. A wonderful sound through an
open header! We had oil pressure at about 75 psi cold. The car
definitely needs to be tuned now, but it's looking a lot more complete!
Many thanks to Frank, Bill, TimO, and my wife Kathy for all their help
and hard work.

The weather is looking promising for this week, so hopefully I can get
it finished soon!

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/